Sunday 6 March 2016

DUBAI THROUGH MY EYES

DUBAI THROUGH MY EYES


The first time I closely came to know about Dubai was a while back, a couple of years ago. I was watching English Premier League way back home in Kenya and Arsenal was playing against Manchester United, of course am a united fan. On the Arsenal Jersey was an inscription, Fly Emirates. Fly Emirates is an Emirati owned company that deals with International flights from Dubai to various destinations across the world and back. This is the company sponsoring Arsenal and it’s quite a big company. 
I won’t talk about their business turn over since it’s a little far away from my article down here. Everybody across the world has heard of Dubai and probably for those that have not had the chance to find themselves in Dubai, am sure there are pictures of famous attractions and land marks that are highly recognized in Dubai and the world over, to say the least. Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab being some of the most spectacular, amazing, extra ordinary, breathtaking. . . Let me just say I can’t find the best adjective to describe the buildings since they are quite a masterpiece of architectural design. However, I will start by giving you a description of Dubai right from the Exit of the plane, assuming you used a Fly Emirate plane. 
I would have wished to talk about the excellent services offered in the plane by their beautiful and superb air hostesses but that is a story for another day, however I have to admit that the kind of hospitality given within the confines of a Fly Emirate plane is over 100% customer service. I used an economy class, so if I missed out something about the first class experience, I pray that my fellow counterparts behind the cockpit to understand me. As I was behind them due to what my African people term as “The size of the pocket” Hopefully, one day I will be able to afford a first class seat back home to Nairobi. 
Upon exit, outside the plane, a warm greeting and a Thank you for flying with Emirates airline message hits your eardrum from a well dressed female hostess who has more than just an overflowing smile as you step on the soft carpet outside the plane. The fragrance is nice and breathtaking as you walk along the aerobridge. By then you are not yet in Dubai. It’s a long walk from the aero bridge to a destination where you take the train. The view is just overtly amazing, a large building that is well lit and quite awesome. I must commend the Government of Dubai for coming up with such a construction. 
After about ten minute walk, you reach an elevator and it takes you down to the ground floor where you take a train to the registration counters. People are thronged and some are hurrying to finish their registration as quickly as possible, however, as for me, I was not in so much hurry as I was enjoying every bit of the surrounding. I have to admit that it was a wow experience for me, as it was my first time to Dubai.
On the counter, obviously like any other system, I waited in the queue until I reached. It was not a tedious   process as they do it back in my country, where an attendant will make a phone call while a hundred people are in the queue waiting to be served. I reached the counter, handed over my passport and checked the eye scan and tap! Tap! The process was complete. I went and picked my suitcase at the baggage carousel and headed for the exit. I must admit that there were many people outside waiting for their family members; others were waiting for business personnel’s holding placards inscribed with their names.  I walked ahead keenly looking at faces that I could reckon with and fortunately, I saw my sister’s face and wow! I was in Dubai. This is the beginning of my story. . .


No comments:

Happy New Year

Its 2018, time for the new year, new me all-time famous cliché. Well, it is a new year, that’s true, but just like any other day, nothing m...